Hey guys! While the sun is blazing in California and I’m assuming the snow is starting to melt in most places, the spring clothes are coming out in stores. This time of year gets me excited for warmer weather, brighter colors and longer days. Yellow has always been my favorite color for as long as I can remember (Belle was my favorite Disney princess when I was younger), so when I started noticing the major trend of yellow, I knew this was one for the books! In specific, a small yellow gingham cami dress is the hottest dress for Summer 2018! Different variations of this dress are evident everywhere, as well as two-piece yellow gingham sets, crop tops, and skirts. Yellow is such a bright and luminous color, and makes everyone look instantly awake and joyful. The tricky part about yellow is that it can either come off as too orange or neon where it washes out the person wearing it. The yellow that has been seen trending in stores is nice and calm, or shall we say mellow? However, it’s not mellow because the yellow trend is spreading like crazy so scroll down below for some affordable options where you guys can get the look for yourself!
I hope you guys enjoyed that post and that it gave you some great inspiration for Spring and Summer of 2018!
Hey guys! Since I live in California, I’m not too educated on snow style and practical clothing for going out in the snow. So, needless to say, when I do get the chance to dress up for the snow I get so excited that my outfits are pre-planned and ready to go! Although I admittedly don’t know much about living in snow, I do know that cold weather calls for fun outfits. As the weather is getting warmer and warmer here in California, people are jumping at the opportunity to get in one last good ski this President’s Weekend. One of my favorite trends of late 2017 was the fun and colorful furs that were spotted on celebrities and red carpets. So I have gathered all of my favorite FAUX furs down below for you guys, at a range of prices! Now I must say that I personally only wear faux fur, so all the fur down below is FAKE. Regardless, even faux fur can get expensive! The key to rocking faux fur is all in the appearance of the fur and the quality of the fur while keeping it on a budget. Keep reading for an inspiration collage and the faux fur that you can buy!
Faux Furs To Buy:
- American Eagle Outfitters: $51.98
Shop Style Collective Widget:
Thanks guys for reading! I hope this inspired you to jazz up your winter style if you haven’t done so already! See you next week!
Hey guys! So recently, I’ve been noticing a lot of polka dots, whether it’s on blouses, skirts, or dresses. I’ve never been a huge fan of polka dots but I think they can be really cute and trendy when they are smaller and are in addition to the many ruffles that have been paired with the dots. For some reason, I keep seeing them everywhere and am totally not opposed to it as I think the polka dots are so fun and playful. I have created a list down below of some great items that are polka dot patterned, which you can purchase through Shop Style Collective if you wish! Shop Style Collective made it easy for me to create a widget featuring expensive and cheap polka dot clothing items, to give you guys fast access to a whole range of prices. One of my most satisfying moments is when my outfit looks great but I got it on a budget. This is totally possible with some research and time. Luckily for you guys, I’ve done both for you! So scroll down for some great clothing options, as well as an inspiration board for this polka dot trend!
Shop Style Collective Widget:
Hopefully giving you guys some clothing options helps make the shopping process a little bit easier. I know it can be stressful to find the best deals while on a budget so I tried to find the best prices for you all, without losing the stylish aspect of the clothing. Thanks for reading and until next time!
Hey guys! I hope your New Year has been off to a great start! With Valentine’s Day approaching fast, I wanted to give you guys a quick lookbook to help inspire your outfit ideas! Valentine’s Day is all about the red and the pinks but sometimes that gets a little repetitive and you want to change it up! In addition to a lookbook, I’ve also created a list of possible outfit ideas just in case you guys would like a new and unique look for Valentine’s Day this year!
- Accenting with red: Take on the trend of an all-white outfit, but make it pop with some red or pink accents. Red boots have been big right now so they would be the perfect addition to this outfit!
- Red blazer: I’ve always loved blazers because you feel so powerful when you’re wearing them. Pair this with a little white dress and you’ve got a totally unique outfit!
- LSD: Little Silver Dress–> everyone thinks of pink and red for Valentine’s Day, myself included, but silver is just as festive and not as popular. This would look great with some nude heels and classic pearl earrings. Usually, people don’t think of pearls as an accessory for a night out, but I love them because the white pearls against any skin tone instantly make you look more awake and youthful!
- Fun Floral: If you guys are like me and love anything floral, embroidered, or has a touch of a boho feel, then I highly suggest a dress like that but with added ruffles. Ruffles on the sleeves and shoulders are such a big trend right now and will look great with anything floral or polka dot. If you really wanted to go all out with this outfit, you could pair it with some strappy heels or tie your hair up in a curly high ponytail with a scarf tied to it and you’ve got a super cute look for the night!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and it helped inspire you to some outfit ideas! Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! One thing I love about Thanksgiving is that as soon as its over, my family starts decorating our house and tree for Christmas, which reminds me that there is colder weather ahead! One of the trickiest things about living in the Bay Area (San Francisco) is that we have cold weather but nothing compared to freezing temperatures and snow. This means that you have to find an awkward medium of dressing warm but not going crazy with the ski jackets and snow boots. So, for anyone who deals with cold weather this winter, a sturdy jacket is a necessity! Leather jackets have always been popular but have always had an association with riding a motorcycle or being tough. However, anyone who’s worn a leather jacket knows that nothing can make you feel as confident as rocking a stylish leather jacket. Now, so many stores are coming out with cute but trendy leather jackets that are changing the dynamic of this old time style. While these jackets may make you feel like a T-Bird from Grease, they will make you look as flawless and confident as a Pink Lady. Some great stores to check out if you LOVE this style is Topshop, Forever 21, Anthropologie, Zara, and Lulus.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post!
Every year comes with new trends, and this year sure has a host of them. When I was younger, I used to wonder what would be iconic outfits to our decade, just as there are staples to the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and many others. Even though I’m not sure if this trend will be making the history books, it definitely blown up this fall as most stores carry these types of boots. They are so fun because they can make any outfit colorful and are nothing like the boots most of us are used to wearing. So, after seeing these boots pop up all over social media and Pinterest, I knew I had to check them out. After doing some research, I learned that almost every store I went to carried boots that were similar to each other. Whether they were knock offs or high-end brands, I personally thought that you couldn’t even tell the difference, which is another great thing about these shoes! I was able to round-up some of my favorites with the help of Shop Style Collective, and have provided all of the links down below. Make sure you check them out if you are interested, all of them are great shoes and come in a variety of price ranges so anyone can steal this look! These embroidered calf boots are sure to turn heads! I made a picture collage down below for some inspiration, along with a list of stores on where to buy these and the exact links to these boots in the Shop Style Collective widget at the bottom!
- Forever 21
- Free People
I hope you guys enjoyed that!
Fall is in full swing almost everywhere, with the exception of California. With a few cold days here and there, California weather is still set to summer. Regardless, we are still shopping for fall essentials and prepping for winter, while enjoying our last couple of sunny days. With clothes the main focus of wardrobe and style necessities for fall, I realized that rarely do people ever talk about the change in hairstyles based on the season. We all change up our hair depending on the weather and season, so today I have brought you some great new looks to spice up your fall wardrobe. These are perfect for just everyday or even Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is usually classified into the “holiday season,” which I love, but I find that there is a big difference in Thanksgiving and Christmas style. So for the next couple of posts, I will be focusing on and highlighting the unique style that shines through during the season of giving thanks. Not to mention we have to squeeze in our last couple of weeks of fall colors before shifting over to darker hues. Scroll down for inspiration picks and hairstyle tips!
Fall Hair Trends and Tips:
- Bandanas!: Bandanas were everywhere over the summer, but just because its fall, doesn’t mean you have to put them away! I loved wearing bandanas to hold my hair back in the summer heat, but by buying bandanas and scarfs with warmer tones and fall patterns, they can be easily wrapped around a bun, ponytail, or used as a headband through fall.
- Braids: Braids are nothing new and I’m not one to do really complicated looking braids on a daily basis or even when I’m not attending a nice event. I like simple and effortless hairstyles that have a little something unique to them. So when I saw the photos of just simple differences in the way people pulled their hair back into a braid, I knew I had to try it. Another tip is to get inspired from the 70’s and do two small braids on each side.
- Flips: I always have loved flipping my hair into a quick little bun, but I never realized that simply parting my hair in the middle and smoothing the sides down, I could transform the hairstyle into something that looked more formal.
I hope you guys enjoyed that post and that it inspired you to get creative with your hair for fall!