Every year comes with new trends, and this year sure has a host of them. When I was younger, I used to wonder what would be iconic outfits to our decade, just as there are staples to the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and many others. Even though I’m not sure if this trend will be making the history books, it definitely blown up this fall as most stores carry these types of boots. They are so fun because they can make any outfit colorful and are nothing like the boots most of us are used to wearing. So, after seeing these boots pop up all over social media and Pinterest, I knew I had to check them out. After doing some research, I learned that almost every store I went to carried boots that were similar to each other. Whether they were knock offs or high-end brands, I personally thought that you couldn’t even tell the difference, which is another great thing about these shoes! I was able to round-up some of my favorites with the help of Shop Style Collective, and have provided all of the links down below. Make sure you check them out if you are interested, all of them are great shoes and come in a variety of price ranges so anyone can steal this look! These embroidered calf boots are sure to turn heads! I made a picture collage down below for some inspiration, along with a list of stores on where to buy these and the exact links to these boots in the Shop Style Collective widget at the bottom!
- Forever 21
- Free People
I hope you guys enjoyed that!
Hey guys! Sorry its been such a long time since my last post, senior year is one of the busiest years of high school yet! Regardless, fall is upon us and I wanted to share my perspective on the upcoming fall trends and essentials before we are in the fully in the middle of the season. I live in California and it hasn’t gotten cold here yet, but I know some places are starting to get cooler weather every day. I worked with Shop Style Collective again, to bring you all of the best places to purchase the trends and essentials I will talk about!
- Burgundy booties= I have seen these all over Pinterest and I’m sure they will be a great statement piece for fall!
- Sophisticated watches= When I think of fall, one of the things I think of is sophisticated style. What’s a better way to say goodbye to summer and hello to workdays and school days, than getting a watch that will keep you on time and stylish. Down below in the widget links through Shop Style Collective, you guys can see one of my favorite watch brands call Olivia Burton. They have some of the most unique but mature watches at a reasonable price.
- Layering= Although this is something most people already do just for warmth, layering for style is something that I wouldn’t be surprised by this fall and winter. Purposefully trying to show different fabric materials and patterns is one of my favorite looks! One thing I’m super excited to try is a turtleneck or long sleeve under a slip dress.
- Low buns= High messy buns are still one of my favorite hairstyles, but a low and simple bun looks very sleek and effortless.
- Turtle necks= I have always loved turtle necks and they are one of those fall and winter looks that never goes out of style.
- Neutral totes= Neutral is obviously great because it goes with anything, especially with darker and lighter fall colors such as black, burgundy, and grey, or beige, white, and tan.
- Fall hats= I have never worn a fall hat but I love summer hats and have been actively looking for a cute wool hat. Fall is a great time to wear them because it’s not winter yet.
- Orange coats= Orange is so colorful and works for almost any season during the year. Fall can sometimes be sad because it has a less colorful color scheme. Who says color can’t be incorporated into fall? If you are looking for a pop of color or fun, some good colors that would still work for fall would be hints of yellow, light pink, orange, light blue, lavender, and magenta.
- Tortoise shell sunglasses= These are great for anytime of the year but especially for fall because the tortoise shell goes so easily with anything and everything.
- Over the knee boots= I have always wanted a pair of these and I finally found a pair that I loved. Personally, I like the black the best but any color is super cute and perfect for fall. I know these were big last year but they are still super stylish!
Want to find where you can buy these trends? CLICK ON THE ITEM FOR THE DIRECT LINK!
Shop Style Collective Widget:
I hope you guys enjoyed that post! I also hope you are all also having a wonderful school year or work year thus far!
Hey guys! School and sports have been so time consuming lately that I haven’t gotten a chance to take a break and get back on here. But not to worry! I’ve got you covered for the must have spring time trends for this year, as April is in full swing!For many of us, (rainy San Francisco) the cold weather is still taking its time to wind down, but warmer days are ahead! Here’s my list of top trends to make your transition from winter to spring as smooth as can be!
Spring 2017 Trends:
- Fun Jeans: These are something that I have always wanted to try and have recently seen so much of on Pinterest.
- Scarf Neck Ties: These are so cute and I can’t wait to try some of these out throughout summer and spring! Floral, stripes, one color, you name it! They look especially great with button down shirts.
- Jean Skirts: I just wore mine the other day at school and I got so many compliments! They look great with converse and sandals, and can be found at stores like Forever 21, Hollister, H & M, and Gap.
- Fun Sunglasses: My number one tip for these is to buy them cheap! I always drop these, scratch them, stretch them, etc. So buy them cheap and make them fun! Chrome sunglasses and mirrored colors will always be a fun summer trend.
- Slides: I have an athletic pair for sports so when I saw this trend all over Pinterest, my first thought was wow, comfortable and cute!
- Embroidered EVERYTHING: I have always loved embroidery, especially in the warmer weather! Blouses, skirts, denim jackets, you name it! It’s all in!
I hope you guys liked these ideas and are just as excited for spring and summer as I am!
- P.S all of the images are from Pinterest and are not mine:)
Hey guys! Once the new year begins and I have time before school starts again, I use that time to clean out areas that I usually wouldn’t have the time or energy to organize. For some people this may mean their closet. Since I share my closet with my twin sister, we have an enormous amount of shoes. The ones I notice that I most often wear are the ones I’m calling the “shoe essentials.” These are the must have shoes for every stylish person, that are not only super useful, but come in clutch for all occasions and weather types.
Here’s my list of must have shoes:
- Neutral Heel: I know I have talked about neutral heels a bunch but I seriously can’t tell you how helpful it is! They go with any outfit and look classy at almost every occasion. Buying this in a kitten heel will ensure that you will never be over or under dressed for an event.
- Leather Boots: Anyone that knows me, knows I love my boots! Especially since there isn’t any snow where I live, leather boots act as my winter boots. Plus they are extremely stylish in the fall. Just be careful in the rain as sometimes the water can damage the leather! In that case, cheap brown boots are usually water resistant.
- Colorful Rain Boots: I can’t tell you how much I love my Hunter boots. With the Hunter boots you can buy all different types of socks so they never get boring and they act as my rain and snow boots. If you don’t want to spend that much money, Target is the place to go for colorful boots. No matter where they are from, they definitely make rainy days fun!
- Strappy Sandals: I think the best way to describe these is that they are a basic summer essential. They can be dressed up or dressed down and also come in so many styles! Not only do they say, hey I read fashion magazines, but can also be worn time and time again.
- Classic Flats: You can never go wrong with a ballet flat. They look super cute with jeans, dresses, or skirts and can be worn in all seasons (except for maybe snow) and look stylish with tights. The pairs down below demonstrate more of a winter and summer flat, showing how versatile they come because they are a timeless staple.
- Casual Tennis Shoes: For me this is a necessity because my school does not allow us to wear open toed shoes. Some of my favorites are Adidas, Vans, Tretorns, and of course Sperry. If you get creative with it, some of them even come with prints and sparkles for a dressier look.
- Summer Wedge: Every girl needs a wedge because they can be dressed up or dressed down. They are great for casual barbaques or summer weddings and won’t be going out of style for a while.
I hope you guys enjoyed this list! For the information on where I bought all of my shoes scroll down below. Much love to all of you!
- Isaac Mizrahi
- Tory Burch
- Vans, Adidas, unknown, Tory Burch, Steve Madden
Hey guys! I know that a lot of the time we don’t want to spend all of our money on one item, unless we know it’s absolutely worth it. Whether it’s saving your money, or asking for a specific gift for your birthday or Christmas, we all want to make sure we are putting our money in the right place. Here’s my list of items worth investing in that are also spenders guilt and regret free!:
- Quality handbag: Investing in this goes a long way because I use my handbag all the time, especially because it’s a neutral color.
- Peacoat: Investing in a nice peacoat is worth the money since it can be used in most cold weather conditions and definitely looks stylish. It will certainly keep you warm all winter long and navy goes with almost anything.
- LBD (Little Black Dress): As Coco Chanel says, the LBD is a necessity for almost any occasion. You can never go wrong with wearing a black dress, and investing a quality one at that. This one will pay you back every time you have a last minute event to go to and have the small panic attack of “I have nothing to wear!”
- Fitted Jeans: As someone who has to wear jeans to school almost every day, I can’t tell you how important it is to have jeans that are fit to your size, as with any piece of clothing. Not only will you feel more confident rocking your jeans, but jeans are one of those clothing items that you will likely have for a couple of years, before it is time to buy a new pair.
- Sharp Blazer: I had to get one for school but these are extremely helpful for obvious reasons such as meetings and interviews. Not to mention they are great for chilly spring days or summer nights while also looking like a boss. Mine in particular, is especially comfortable because it is cotton and has a certain amount of stretch, making it not restricting like usual blazers. Information down below on wear I bought it!
- Stud Earrings: I wear these almost everyday. They are a classic style that you can never go wrong with, as with most of the items on this list. Everyone needs a pair of earrings that they can wear almost everyday without having to deal with the hastle of changing them. A simple silver stud looks elegant and classy but casual enough that you can keep them on when you are having a lazy day.
I hope you guys enjoyed this list and that it has helped you to figure out what items you should truly save your money on. I know I have definitely bought some items that I have only worn once or twice, so this list is regret free! Information on where I bought all of my items is down below!
~Olivia Marie 💕
- Rag & Bone, Paige
- Ralph Lauren
- Kate Spade
Hey guys! In a recent blog post I wrote about my new experience with Parsons and Teen Vogue online program. For one of my assignments, I have to write about the cost of productions and how this barrier affects fashion companies. For the product that I came up with, I used my tassel necklaces that I frequently make. If any of you are interested on how I make them, I have a blog post about it already on my website describing the process and what each of the necklaces look like. For the assignment, here are my calculations on the production costs of making my necklaces…
Tassel Necklace #1:
- String= $2.00
- Beads= $20.00
- Tassel= $5.00
- .13 hour @ $10= $1.3
- Total production cost= $28.3
- 20% profit= $5.66
- Total cost plus profit= $33.96
- Estimated retail price= $40.00
Since I have been thinking about selling my necklaces before, this assignment was extremely helpful in showing me what I could make off of each necklace and what it would cost to make the necklace, including time.
Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you learned something and enjoyed!